Set up for religious purposes, the gild of St George acquired a charter from the King in 1417 giving it corporate personality and saving it from abolition in 1547. In 1452 it virtually merged with the governing body of the City of Norwich.
This edition consists of the gild books from the foundation in 1385 to 1547, and related documents, given in the original English and Latin.
Series: Norfolk Record Society
Volume Number: IX
Year of Publication: 1937
Edited By: Mary Grace
Tags: City of Norwich, Gild of St. George, Norwich